Monday, June 28, 2010

Zoe Keating Plays Escape Artist



Not just for cello lovers, but anyone also interested in what can be done with looping software. Pretty amazing stuff.

I love love love this piece of music. I saw Zoe Keating a couple of years ago in a show at the Sydney Opera House. It was kind of a cabaret/burlesque night MC'd, I think, by Meow Meow and Amanda Palmer. From memory, if Amanda Palmer wasn't very pissed she was doing a damn good job of faking it. Which is fine because she was hilarious and could belt out a tune regardless.

But Zoe Keating stole the show for me. Play this clip through your big speakers and you'll get where I'm coming from. If you ever have the chance of seeing Zoe Keating live, just do it. DO IT.

2 comments:

Gin said...

Wow. I freakin' love the cello, but even if I didn't, this would still be totally wow.

Lee Bemrose said...

You would love the album then Gin. I downloaded it from her website for about $10. BeaUTIFUL.