Monday, April 01, 2013

The Melbourne International Comedy Festival So Far

Melbourne International Comedy Festival... woohoo.

Been quite busy so far. In no particular order, here are a few things I've done for Australian Stage. An interview with The Pajama Men. These guys were a highlight for me at last year's festival. Wonderfully, wonderfully funny.

There's also an interview with Michael Workman, who didn't seem to want to do an interview. One with  Geraldine Quinn for her show Stranger, which I'm now hoping to see.

And a couple of days in I've caught two shows for review, Paul Foot's Kenny Larch Is Dead, which I wasn't a huge fan of, and Josh Thomas' Douchebag, which had me smiling for most of the show and frequently laughing at. Review to this one is not yet up.

Oh and here is another Q&A with one Imogen Kelly, sexy burlesque Queen Of The Wolrd. She is amazing.

More coming up. It's a big festival. Almost a month long and the more I see the more I want to see.

I'm looking forward to reviewing more shows, even though I really don't feel I'm very good. Give me a night of theatre and I'm fine. Something about the structure of story makes it easier for me to deal with. I never take notes at the theatre. At comedy I have to take notes, and that often gives way to more confusion... scribbled notes in the dark followed by attempted deciphering the next day... ergh.

No comments: