Friday, December 29, 2006

This Is Not A Blog Post

Had some amusing shit to tell you about which happened today. We're gearing up for a massive New Year's Eve at the Sydney Opera House (massive in that The Dreaded One and I are looking after one of the functions on the night, and it alone is for 950 people) and a few things are getting a bit circus-like in the kitchen. There are several different nationalities with various opinions about gender working "together" and there's a fuckload of personal politics hijacking the point of everyone being there. Lasting image of the day: a bumble-arsed Nazi apprentice chef and a kitchenhand locked in a tug-o-war to the death with the hose used to hose down the floor. Smacking sound shortly after seeing this going on was my palm connecting with my forehead. And I'm not sure it was the silliest thing that happened today. Luckily there are a few grown ups getting things done.

So anyway, while I'd love to regale me with the day's misadventures (because I write this stuff to amuse me after all), I'm just not in the mood. I'm right royally fucked off because neither of the stories I entered in a competition rated a mention. I know - I fucking know - that these stories were at least worthy of mentioning. Hell, I had already planned how I was spending first prize and second prize. The glory was mine. MINE! So what the fuck happened?

What happened was, it made me really cranky, but in a good way, and I'm working on a third story for a comp as well as giving one of the first two a sex change operation so it qualifies for entry in another comp, and that second existing story is going to be hitting slushpiles in The States and the UK early next year. As well as a few slushpiles here.

Tell me I'm not worthy? Snub me? Fuck you.

:)

That feels better. And seriously, the story behind the first prize winner of the comp is kinda heart-warming, and good on the guy. I'm sure the story is good. Looking forward to reading it.

Busy the next couple of days, few days rest then I'm going here and here. Looking forward to these parties.

So. No blogging tonight. Sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, you are worthy and talented. Only in future with these competitions don't count your chickens before they hatch!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you!

Lee Bemrose said...

Thank you Emma. Always good to get compliments from someone who is as funny as yourself. And thanks for the advice about chickens... but nah, fuck that. Going to keep arrogantly assuming I'm going to take over the world.

Happy New Year to you too, Visible One. Get this - I did a 17 hour shift at the Opera House last night. 17 hours? Is this me?

Have some pics to post shortly.