Friday, January 20, 2006

Woops, We Did It...

Because I am taking the plunge, quitting my secure writing and editing desk job and attempting to go fulltime freelance, I read up a little the other day and came across some advice that basically said that in my position I should have a year's wages saved up to use in case things don't go right.

Right.

What I have is about a week's wages "saved" up (and which I can spend in a weekend without trying AND have nothing to show for it), and sitting here on my desk are two e-tickets to Soulclipse in Turkey which happens at the end of March. We've also paid for airfare to Turkey, Spain and UK. Then when we get back, I have no job. Seriously - no job. I quit a perfectly good job all because working in an office every day was driving me nuts. Like, that's what office jobs are meant to do, isn't it? What is wrong with me?

Excellent. Perfect. Yet again Quick does everything according to the book. Basically what's going through my head right now is what in the name of Sweet Jesus do I think I'm doing? What a fucking idiot. There was no real reason for me to quit, we've spent the last of our money on a trip to the other side of the planet to witness a total solar eclipse and dance for six days (yes yes and to see you, Bird)... and... wha...

Also, I had a dream while up the coast that when I left this job, they gave me a going away present which was a particularly dinged up and rusty old baking dish. What the hell is that all about?

1 comment:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

The old baking dish is for you to go busking with :-)

Shine it up, Quick.