Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Wisdom Of Grumpy

That last post was a little bizarre. I wonder if the comments conversation will continue. I think the word 'boobs' was the most frequently used, which was unexpected to say the least.

I got a letter today in response to my recent column (two posts below) Effectively, this guy was late to a job interview, sat in the waiting room reading the column in the mag, then decided that I was making a good point and that he was sick of working for the man, and to hell with it all he'll just walk out. He just left without telling them and spent the day wandering around town in bare feet and now never wants to work again. He said, "I'm sick of being a sheep and bending over to be fisted, then kissing the hand that feeds me."

Like... I wasn't making a point. How... he read a very silly column by someone who calls themself 'Grumpy' and made a reasonably large life decision based on that. And he thanked me. Whoa. Too big.

And I thought threatening to kill a fluffy penguin called Owen unless people talked to me was retarded.

4 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Oh wise Grumpy, you have influenced another to do what...?

Some folks look for any excuse to cop out. Poor thing.

Unknown said...

Technically that classifies you as a religion now.

Lee Bemrose said...

Next column is about how I had the overwhelming urge to hand over all my money to a sub editor and staff writer of a clubbing magazine because he's an ace guy who's staring into the maw of unemployment and he'll accept cash or direct credit, bank details attached.

Babs said...

Making a HUGE decision like that based on advice from someone called Grumpy?? You're right. That IS retarded.

I mean if it had been Dopey or Doc, I could understand....


*runs away*