Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Introducing Doctor Luke Montgomery

So I reeeeeally don't want to work with Mr Passive Aggressive in the Opera House kitchen on Thursday (only day I'm rostered on this week) but I didn't know what else I could do. It's still money. Then the phone rings and it's the extras agency I signed with and they want to know if I want to play a male nurse in All Saints over the next three days, including a full day's shoot on Thursday. Spooky timing or what. Woo hoo!

Also, after years of missing the deadline for The Age Short Story Of The Year competition, I finally got an entry in. With enough time to spare to maybe get something else in. They change the cut-off date each year and I have always missed it by a few days, but not this year. Aaaaa hahahahahaaaa... I kick arse.

I don't expect to win, but it's fun having an entry in there.

Do male nurses get stethoscopes? I think I have to have a stethoscope to fully get into my part as Doctor Luke Montgomery, a passionate man and the driving force behind the entire emergency wing of All Saints. He works hard, he plays hard, he loves like a saint...

Erm, just diagnosed myself with Carriedawayitis.

Gotta dash.

4 comments:

Margarita Milongita said...

No stethoscope but you get to dole out a lot of drugs...
I've never watched that show... do I have to now that you're in it?

Quick said...

No. I'm pretty sure I'll just be a blur in the background. I've been in it before but never felt that I have to watch it, so don't you feel that way either.

Still have another couple of days on it this time round. Kinda fun stuff.

Guyana-Gyal said...

No, no stetoscope. But you can scare patients with a huge syringe.

Are you going to be famous? Will you be giving out autographs? Is this Carriedawayitis too?

Quick said...

Famous GG? That is a definite case of Carriedawayitis. If symptoms persist, take two placebos and call me in the morning.

Dr LM.