Monday, May 22, 2006

Is This The Right Planet?

I was reminded the other day of the time a stranger wandered into my home. There was a knock at the door (odd because we live in a security building and you have to buzz the intercom to get through the main door) so I opened it. Someone I had never seen before walked right in, talking, looking down at the floor. He wandered right into the middle of the room while The Dreaded One and I looked at each other and wondered who the hell he was and what the hell he was doing in our home. He stopped talking, looked up and around the room. He looked at each of us, then said, "Is this the right place?" I said, "No. I don't think it is." He looked a little confused, turned and left, muttering that he thought this was the place. I closed the door and The Dreaded One and I just looked at other, wondered what had just happened, then started to laugh.

I just remembered that weird little episode because someone just walked into the shop and started talking at me. Said it's ages since she'd seen me and asked how business was going. She started checking out the clothes in a very business like way. I managed to keep up my end of the conversation while wondering who the fuck she was. Then she started telling me that she was flustered because she had just met the lead singer of a band she had once photographed. She fanned her face with a hand and said she was on a bit of a high because of the lead singer. Eventually she left, saying that she is going to LA but she will keep in touch.

I still have no idea who she is.

No comments: